Custom Search

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Lake Louise in the rain

This morning, we moved the motorhome to the campground at Lake Louise. It is raining and a high of 53. Now, most of you who know me, realize that if it's below 60, it might as well be 32, because I will be FREEZING!! :-)

Anyway, we drove up to Lake Louise and I got a few photos. You couldn't see the mountains for the clouds and postcards of Lake Louise show it a beautiful blue. The forecast is rain and snow, so I may buy postcards so I will know what it's supposed to look like. It's pretty yucky and the forecast is for more rain and clouds and cool weather.




The Bow River is above flood stage and they have built berms here in the campground to keep the water out. I'll try to get some photos of that. Several trails are underwater in the area.

On a more positive note, Marquis is having a great time and we are being able to find campsites with a hole in the trees to get a satellite signal. We will be here for a day or so and then move up to Jasper Nat'l Park.